[POOL] Final Results - Interest in summer league?

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Apr 5 10:51:06 CDT 2017

Attached are the results.  Please verify that there are no errors.  It was a very close finish.

MVP Competition - Congratulations to Martino Henderson, our league MVP.  Runner up was Chuck Blahut.

Team Competition -  Well as it was all year, it was close right down to the final game.  And it all ended in a 3 way tie for first.  Congratulations to Team #3 “Bass Ackwards”, Team #5 “Nice Game, 7 Bucks”, and Team #8 “Holdin’ Our Own”.

Playoffs start next week.  The playoffs are based each week on the team that wins the most matches of 5, in other words, the first to win 3 matches wins.  Because we usually don’t play 20 matches in the playoffs, the use of table 5 for double matches is optional and can be used for practice when not being used for a match.  We still need to get done in a timely manner so I would encourage it’s use.

Playoff seedings are based on the combined last two seasons.  There were two ties for the combined seasons seeding.  Team 4 “Nice Rack” and Team 7 “No Sweat” tied for 3rd seed.  The tie breaker is head to head matches and team 4 won 12 of the 20 head to head with team 7.  The other tie was team 5 and team 8 for the 5th seed.  In the tie breaker, both teams were 10 for 20 against each other.  Team 5 won the coin flip and was awarded the #5 seed.   The last week of the playoffs will be April 25 and we will have food.  Still working on the budget.

Team	Team Name	Total Wins	Ranking	Combined	Tourn. Seed
3	Bass Ackward	37	1	78	1
5	Nice Game, 7 Bucks	37	1	71	5
8	Holdin' Our Own	37	1	71	6
7	No Sweat	36	3	72	4
1	Cue Therapy	35	5	70	7
6	X-CUE-SES	35	5	73	2
4	Nice Rack	34	7	72	3
2	The Moe Szyslak Experience	29	8	52	8

Periscope views hit a new record in Dean v Paul H, with 115 viewers.  We may play with Facebook live to see if that is better.

Summer league -   Some interest was expressed in a summer league.  Please contact me if you have an interest in joining a summer league.