[POOL] Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Oct 12 00:04:15 CDT 2016

We played Cue Therapy.

Martino opened the night against Glenn in a 1:4.  Glenn took the first
two games, but after playing safety after safety after safety, Martino
stymied Glenn and took the third game and the match, 1:2.

Jack played the 2nd match against Fred, a 2:6.  Fred was shooting well
as usual, and while Fred put up a good fight, he went down 0:6.

While Jack was playing, John C played Bata in a 1:6.  John played well
and was close in a number of games, but unfortnate he wasn't able to
secure a win.  John went down 0:6.

I played Bob in a 3:3 for the 4th match.  I could not make a shot,
even with ball-in-hand.  I got 1 win when Bob scratched on the 8, but
like an NL (National League) closer, I failed to get the job done and
lost the match, 1:3.

Tami played the final match against Manoel, a 1:4.  Despite not having
played since the spring, Tami shot well and got to a quick lead over
Manoel in the first game, sinking all but 1 of her balls while Manoel
still had 5.  That left a lot of balls for Manoel to use to block the
cue for Tami, but Tami finally got a clear shot at her last ball and
the 8 and sank them for the game and match win, 1:0.  Hopefully her
first of many for the season!

So we won 2, lost 3.