[POOL] Results

John Valdes j-valdes at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 00:40:40 CDT 2016

Scores, with some commentary:

After last week's slow start, we got the wheels in motion this week
against Nice Game, 7 Bucks.

Jack returned to Team Moe after a year hiatus and played the first
game against Missy in a 2:2.  Jack made the most of his return and
shut-out Missy 2:0.  Hopefully his first win of many this season!

Martino played next against Bob in a 1:9.  Bob took games 1 & 2, but
Martino's been shooting well and took game 3, winning the match 1:2,
against one of the best players in the league!

John C played next against Rocky in a 1:5.  Unfortunately he couldn't
follow Martino's lead and went down 0:5.

Paul L played oldie but goodie Dave in 2:6.  Paul struggled early on,
giving up lots of ball-in-hand, but kept his cool, focused, stopped
giving up ball-in-hand, and rallied to take Dave down in the hill-hill
match 2:5 for a much needed win!

John V played the finally match against Frank in a 3:7.  I don't like
having to win 3 in a match, but after Frank sank the 8 on the break in
the second game, together with the cue, I only had to win 2.  Frank
played well though, and I couldn't catch up to him 'til the 8th game
when he starting missing and playing safeties allowing me to get to
the 8 and sink it to take the match to hill-hill.  Frank got to the 8
in final game while I still had 3 balls on the table but left it
hanging in the pocket, leaving me with a tough cut.  I missed it, but
a lucky roll left the cue snookered behind one of my balls giving
Frank nothing on the 8.  He gave me ball-in-hand, which I used to sink
the rest of my balls and get to the 8.  I took a slow, pocket-speed
shot at the 8 and tapped it into the pocket, leaving the cue right on
the edge; unfortunately, it still had a little momentum, and kept
creeping forward, until it finally dropped in the pocket too,
scratching and giving the game and match to Frank.  Arrrgggg!

So we won 3, lost 2, a good night overall.