[POOL] Final results

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Apr 27 10:11:02 CDT 2016

The final week of the season is over.  Congratulation to Team #7 No Sweat who won the Play Off championship.

I think the Periscope broadcast test went well.   We have 4 matches that were broadcast and they were all well watched both live and after that fact.  I do have to watch auto correct as when I listed the Candido vs Jim match, it changed Candido’s name to a disease.  But otherwise, I know Rick had some family members tuned in from different parts of the country as did I.  We’ll see how it goes again in the fall.

There have been a few proposed rule changes which we’ll discuss with captains in the fall.   For your consideration:
1.  Change rule of losing team puts up next player to alternating putting up next player.
2.  Create a greater advantage for high handicap differential between players.  For example differential > 130 either:
		a.   Allow for one “pinch hitter” in match or
		b.   Allow player the option to make the 8 Ball before the last of their last ball is pocketed.
3.  Modify the playoff to give a higher finish to a team that goes 2-1 than a team that goes 1-2.

Tentative start up date will be Sept 20 which should make the final week for the fall December 20.  I’ll try to send out a notice in late August to remind every one and to see what teams need players.   Have a great summer and keep practicing.