[POOL] Argonne Pool League

Bass, Dean Allen bass at anl.gov
Wed Sep 23 14:45:21 CDT 2015

Hi All,  This distribution is to all members of the Argonne Pool League who have provided me with email addresses.  Each week I will send the results for the week and updated stats via this distribution.  I will also include the teams scheduled on Tables 1 and 2 for purposes of those early table 5 matches.  As always, you can see player stats, schedules, and team standings on our website:

https://blogs.anl.gov/billiards/

This session we have the following new players:

Joni Garcia (Get More with Les)
Charlie Czerwinski (No Sweat)
Rick Moore (No Sweat)
Lewis Dorman (No Sweat)
Muhsin Ameen (No Sweat)
Gary Wiezorek (No Sweat)

Please welcome these players when you see them.

Sept 29:  Teams 6 and 8 are on Table1.  Teams 4 and 7 are on Table 2.

This fall Ron Shepard and I will offer a pool class designed for beginning to intermediate players at 6:30p Wednesdays, starting October 21.  The class can also be a nice review for more advanced players.  Ron and I have offered this course a number of times for the league, for park districts and at universities and it has been well received.  As you may know Ron has also authored several publication on the physics of pool.  See the attached syllabus for details.

See you all next Tuesday,  - Dean