[POOL] Last week's results

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Fri Feb 6 18:50:26 CST 2015

Sorry folks, here are the overdue results from last week's (1/27)
matches.  We played Get More with Les (Les's team).

Tami played first against Lauren in a 2:2 match-up.  I didn't arrive
'til after the match was done, so all I can report on is that Tami
unfortunately went down 0:2.

Jack played the next match against Chuck, a 1:3.  After losing the
opening game, Jack rallied to win the 2nd game and the match. 1:1.
Unfortunately I don't remember the details of the win, but more
importantly, it was Jack's first match win as a member of Team Moe!
Hopefully the first of many.

Martino played next against Les in a 1:5.  Martino played tough
against Les, sinking most of his balls in most of the games.  In one,
Les gave Martino ball-in-hand which he used to get to the 8 first, but
unfortunately he wasn't able to sink it.  Ultimately, Les prevailed,
taking Martino down 0:5.

I played Glenn in the 4th match in a 3:3.  My shooting was off in the
first 2 games which I lost; I was aiming at the right spot, but the
cueball seemed to roll 1/2 a degree off course from the path I
intended. I think Glenn has deflated the cueball slightly...  I made a
strong rally to win the 3rd game, but I was already in too deep a hole
and couldn't escape from Glenn's game.  I lost the 4th game and the
match, 1:3.

Roger played the final match against Bob, a 2:6.  Roger shot well and
won the first game, which really put the pressure on Bob.  Bob's a
good player though and was able to take the next 4 games.  Not wanting
to go to the hill-hill game, Roger kept the pressure on and was able
to win the 6th game for the match win, 2:5.

Finally tally was 2 wins, 3 losses; not bad against a tough team.