[POOL] Past Results

John Valdes valdes at anl.gov
Tue Dec 17 15:27:31 CST 2013

Sorry, another 3 weeks have past since I last sent out results...

Over the last 3 weeks, we've collectively played .500 pool; we lost 6
matches, and we won 6 matches.

3 weeks ago we danced a ballet w/ Melanie's team (Nice Rack), all in 2:2s:
- Tami beat Melanie 2:0
- Martino lost to Dave 0:2
- I lost to Brian 0:2
- Az lost to Amanda 0:2

The following week, we staged a comeback against Kevin's team (Holding
our Own):
- Tami beat Kevin 2:1 in a 2:4
- I beat Jim (purely by luck, as I was shooting terribly) 2:0 in a 2:2
- Paul beat Josh 3:0 in a 3:2
- Az lost to Jenny 1:3 in a 2:3

Last week, we played Jason's team (X-Cue-Ses):
- Tami beat Jason 2:0 in a 2:2; Jason now regrets encouraging Tami to
  join the league. :)
- Martino beat Sarah 3:1 in a hard fought 3:2
- Paul lost to Gaylen 0:3 in a 2:3, although the games were very close
- I racked for Pat, 0:7 in a 1:7.  Pat actually gave me a few
  unexpected turns at the table, but I couldn't get a run together

Two weeks ago, I also played and lost a makeup match against Dick from
Nice Shot, $5 Bucks.  So technically, I guess we played 1 match under
.500, although that match was overdue from 6 weeks ago.  Can you
figure out who's been carrying the team? :)

We entered last week tied for 4th, only 1 game out of 2nd.  Our play
today will determine our final place and hence our winnings for the
Fall session.  Let go Moe!