[POOL] You're invited - Holiday party, December 14th. The details.

Craig Stacey stace at stace.com
Fri Nov 15 22:21:09 CST 2013

The aforementioned details from the previous “Save the Date” mailing.

It’s Craig & Tisha’s “Drink Our Beer Cellar” Holiday Extravaganza!

So it’s almost that time of year.  You know that time. When you start thinking "I need to drink some well-aged beers and play some fun card games or maybe just hang out and chat and drink some scotch, too, or maybe just enjoy some home made food and desserts and stuff and have some more beer."

We all have those thoughts. It's cool. We know how to deal with it.

On December 14th, come over to our house and do all of the above! It'll be awesome! Aside from being generally seasonably merry, one of the motivations for this party is to reduce the size of our beer cellar.  New Craig can’t put away the beer like old Craig did, and it’s piling up.  There will be some very rare beers, including some barrel aged stout vertical tastings, rare Belgians and sours, special one-offs... so good.  Watch http://stace.com/party for a list of beers as the date gets closer.

The ground rules: You can't bring beer. In fact, you probably will have to take some home with you. You can bring snacks or something, but we'll have lots of stuff.  If you’re not into beer, there’s also plenty of soda pop to be had, as well as various liquors (including many a whiskey and whisky).  Oh, and Egg Nog.  Gotta have nog.

We'll undoubtedly play some fun games, and for those that want to participate we’ll do a white elephant/yankee trader/crazy American tradition Gift Exchange!  If you want in, bring a goofy, cheap gift (wrapped or otherwise obscured) and later in the evening we’ll do the exchange.

As always, guests are welcome.   Just RSVP via email or Facebook (if you do that sort of thing) by December 12 if possible, so we get adequate supplies.  Craig will be doing a bunch of cooking and baking for this, since he’s into that sort of thing these days.  There’ll be lots of finger foods and more substantial offerings as the party wears on.  Ideas being tossed around:
	• Buffalo Chicken Corn Chowder
	• Blue Cheese Garlic Beer Bread
	• Grandma Pizza
	• Baked Macaroni and Cheese (with and without meat)
	• Cheese, cheese, and more cheese.  Also some meats.  And cheese.

Here are the important details:
	• When: Saturday, December 14th, anytime after 4:00 PM.  We’ll start opening the beers as soon as beer fans start arriving.  If you want to sample as many beers as possible, come early and pace yourself.  Stay for an hour, stay for 10.  Whatever works.
	• Where: 7317 W 58th Pl, Summit, IL (There are three houses that look alike, ours is the middle one)

Hope to see you here.

Craig & Tisha