[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 16 01:36:00 CST 2013

We played Bob's team, Nice Shot/6 Bucks.  We only had 3 players for
tonight's matches, but 2 didn't play last week, so we were able to
make up last week's 2 matches.

In tonight's scheduled matches, I played first against Red in a 2:3.
After losing the first game, I won the second, making two sweet cut
shots on my last ball and the 8.  Apparently, Red didn't like that, as
he almost ran the table to win the third game.  Luckily, he missed a
few shots in the next game, giving me an opening to win game and the
match, 2:2.

Next up was Paul H against Jeff in a 2:4.  Paul was making some good
shots and was able to capitalize when Jeff gave up ball-in-hand.  I
forget the final score, but Paul finished on top, winning the match
2:2 or so.

Az played third against Jim in a 3:5.  Unfortunately, Az's aim was off
tonight, missing shots he usually makes and helping Jim out with lots
of ball-in-hand.  That translated into a tough loss, 0:5.

In the make-ups for last week's matches, Paul H played Ray in another
2:4.  Having seen the result of Paul's match against Jeff, Ray was
apparently a bit worried about his match, and proceeded to sink the 8
out of turn in the first game and scratch on the 8 in the second,
giving Paul an easy match win, 2:0.

Az played Rich in the second match-up, a 3:4.  Rich arrived at Q on
crutches, having injured his foot last week, and was hobbling around
the table.  Being the nice guy he is, Az took pity on Rich and didn't
mount much of an offensive, ultimately going down 1:4.

Next week we play Kevin's team.