[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 12 00:30:38 CST 2012

We played Bob Daun's team, formerly known as Mr mR, now know as "Nice
Shot, 6 Bucks" (don't ask me...).  I missed all the matches, so I'll
leave it to everyone to summarize his match.  I'll just say that we
won 4, lost 1. :)

In my match, I played Jim in a 3:7.  Jim was a little off, and I was a
little on.  I made some nice cuts but lost the 1st game, made some
more nice cuts to take the 2nd and 3rd games, had mixed results with
the bank and lost the 4th game, and finally went back to the cuts to
win the 5th game and the match, 3:2.

We started the night in sole possession of 6th place, 4 games out of
5th.  So unless the 5th place team got swept, we will have kept our
6th place finish.