[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 24 01:07:00 CDT 2012

In honor of Craig's birthday, Team Moe got together and presented Craig
with a sweep!  Happy Birthday, Craig! :)  We took 5 from Mr mR, no
small feat:

First up was Rob against Dick in a 1:5.  Rob must have really needed
to play first and leave, 'cause he took care of business quick; he
shutdown Dick in the first game, winning the match 1:0.

Craig went second against Red in a 2:6.  Red took the early lead,
winning the first 3 games before Craig won his first.  Craig sunk a
ball on the break in the next game, but failed to sink another on his
next shot.  Red took control, but gave Craig another chance at the
table (it was his birthday, afterall).  Craig then proceeded to run
his remaining 6 balls and pocketed the 8, taking the game and match,
2:3.

Paul H was third against Bob in a 1:10.  Bob was shooting well, as
always, but Paul was giving him a challenge, taking advantage of the
turns he had at the table.  Nevertheless, Bob took the first seven
games and was on his way to take the eighth, when he suddenly got into
the giving spirit and missed his shot, knocking the 8 into a side
pocket in the process, giving the game and match to Paul, 1:7.

I went fourth against Jeff in a 2:3.  Jeff's aim was a little off, and
mine was a little on.  I took the first game, Jeff the second, and I
the third, for the match, 2:1.

Az played fifth in the final match against Adam in a 2:8.  Adam was
shooting well, but so was Az.  After giving up the first game, Az got
to the 8 first in the second game, sinking it easily, but in the wrong
pocket, giving the game to Adam.  In the third game, Az again got to
the 8 first, and again sank it, but again in the wrong pocket, giving
another game to Adam.  Finally, it the fourth game, Az got to the 8,
but this time he sank it in his called pocket, for his first win.
Having enough of the stress of having to call the right pocket on the
8, in the next game, Az decided to simply sink the 8 on the break and
avoid making a call altogether, thereby winning his second game and
the match, 2:3.

So 5 wins for Craig!  Craig, you should have birthdays more often. :)
We were 2 games deep in last place entering the night, so there's a
good chance we've moved ourselves up into 7th.  Next week we play what
is/was the 7th place team, Retarded Monkeys, Dennis's former team.

Great job Moe!