[POOL] Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 17 01:06:47 CDT 2012

Long night.  We played X-Cue-Ses.

Craig played first against Jason in a 2:2.  They alternated wins, with
Jason unfortunately winning the 1st game, which meant he won the 3rd
for the match, beating Craig 1:2.

Brian played next against Gaylen in a 5:3.  Despite coaching from
Bobby, Gaylen took the early lead, going up two games to one over
Brian, but then Brian found his rhythm and took the next 3 games
straight.  Brian was on his way to take the next and final game for
the match when somehow the 8 got kicked through all the balls on the
table and into a corner pocket, giving the game and match to Gaylen,
4:3.

Paul R went next against Bobby in a 1:7.  Paul shot a good match and
made some tough shots, but Bobby's defense was hard to overcome and
eventually led to Paul's downfall, 0:7.

Adam played the 4th match against Terri in a 3:6.  Adam took the early
lead, winning the first game, but then Terri hunkered down, winning
the next 5 straight.  Facing defeat, Adam rallied with a nice bank on
the 8 to win the next game, and then made a nice run in the hill game
to get to the 8 first, which he sank after a couple of attempts to
take the game and match, 3:5, giving us our first win of the night,
just after midnight.

While Adam was playing, I started match 5 against Lenore, a 2:10.  I
shot...poorly.  I managed to get to the 8 first in the 2nd game, but I
sank it in the wrong pocket, and from there it went downhill.  I
failed miserably, 0:10.

1 win, 4 losses.  Not so good.

Next week we play Mr mR, Bob Daun's team.