[POOL] Pool table up for grabs.

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 19 23:56:39 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 10:28:07PM -0500, Craig Stacey wrote:
> if any of y'all are interested in an 8 foot slate pool table, you get first crack at it before I throw it up to a larger audience.
>
> No cost, but you're responsible for getting it disassembled, moved, and reassembled.  It comes with some cues, a cue stand, balls, racks, a cover (and an insert that let's you use it as a buffet table without damaging the felt), and any other accessories I've got.  If you've got a friend or two who are going to help you move it, keep in mind that those slates are heavy.

If you want keep your friends your friends, I'd recommend calling a
pool table mover. :)  Disassembling, reassembling and leveling the
table isn't too complicated, and the slate is actually 3 pieces (I
assume Craig's is at least, as that's typical for 8' and bigger) and
manageable between a couple of guys, so doing it yourself isn't *too*
big a deal, but as Craig said, the slates *are* heavy, and if you drop
them on they way out of Craig's and end up smashing his floor and/or
stairs, he's gonna be pissed... :)

I had my 8' table moved about a year ago by pool table movers, and it
was only about $275 or so, although I only had it moved between floors
in my house; moving it across town may add to the cost, but probably
not much (they did come all the way from the northside of Chicago to
the western 'burbs at no extra cost, fwiw).  The guys I used were from
Dennis Jaburek Billiards, 708-785-1433, http://www.pooltablenow.com/ .
They did a great job: two guys came and disassembled, moved,
reassembled and leveled my table in a couple of hours.  All I had to
do was point to where I wanted it reassembled.  They came out right
away too, I think about 2 days after I called them, iirc.  Q gave me
the name of their mechanic/mover too: Tony Morris of Tony's Hustlers
Inc, 502-644-5047.  He quoted about the same, but he's from out of the
area and couldn't come out right away (out of state I think; that
phone# is from Louisville, KY), so I ended up going w/ Jaburek
Billiards instead.