[POOL] Tonight's Results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 2 01:46:49 CST 2009

We played We Used to be Good, or I guess They Used to be Good, or
something like that; Kevin's Team. :)

First up was Craig in a 1:7 against Todd.  I missed the match, but it
was over quick, with Craig winning 1:1.

Next was Paul vs Ed in a 2:6.  Paul was hot in the first game,
shooting on the 8 while Ed still had 6 balls on the table.
Unfortunately, Ed balls proved to be more of an obstacle, and he came
back to win the game.  Paul had more chances in subsequent games, but
ultimately Ed was too much, and took the match 0:6.

Brian R was next against Scott in another 2:6.  Scott was shooting
very well, and kept getting better as the night went on.  Brian
unfortunately wasn't feeling that great (something about chicken, and
maybe a bad coupon? :) ), and his aim showed it.  Despite a good
effort, Brian went down 0:6, bringing his winning streak to an end
after a phenomenal 7 straight wins.

Last up was me against Jenny in a 2:3.  Jenny's aim was right on, and
she nearly ran the table after I failed to sink anything on the
opening break.  Fortunately, my aim was right on too, and after
exchanging cross table cuts and ball in hand, I took the match 2:1.

So we were 2:2 on the night.  We entered the night firmly in sole
possession of 3rd, 3 games out of 2nd (iirc), and likely we'll remain
firmly in 3rd after tonight.  Next week we play X-Cue-Ses.