[POOL] Tonite's results

John Valdes valdes at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 4 02:03:57 CST 2009

WOW!  We played Buschwackers.  We played bad.  Real bad.  Well, I can
only speak for myself, but we went 0-5 in our matches.  I didn't see
Brian T's or Craig's matches, but Brian was shut-out, and Craig only
won 1 (or maybe was shut-out; I don't remember).  Roger was almost
shut-out, but while his opponent (Adam) was shooting a fairly easy
shot on the 8 to end Roger's misery, Roger started putting away his
queue, only to have Adam miss.  This prompted one of the Buschwackers
(I forget his name) to say to Roger that he foreited the match by
breaking down his queue, which pissed off Roger enough for him to put
his queue back together and run his remaining 4 or 5 balls plus the 8
to win the game.  Unfortunately, he lost the next game (though he
played much better and almost won, having 1st shot on the 8), and so
lost his match.  Brian R played Mike but couldn't get his 1st game win
and was shut-out, though he did make it hard on Mike.  I played Bob
and was almost shut-out in a 2-10; I managed to win only 1 game by
giving Bob ball-in-hand after missing an easy shot, which he used to
sink the 8, having forgotten that he still had 1 of his balls left on
the table.  So altogether, we only on 2 or 3 games on the night.
Personally, I blame our play on frustration over the Bell's tap being
empty. :)