[POOL] Last night's results

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Wed Dec 10 12:14:42 CST 2008

It was a rough night.

We started out in a 3-way tie with team 1 (Bushwhackers) and team 3
(Bass Ackwards) for 2nd place.

Up first was Paul against Bobby Crews in a 7:1.  Paul played hard but
went down 0-7.

Next up was Craig against Les in a 8:2.  Craig went down swinging 0-8.

The third match was Me (Roger) against myself, in a schizophrenic battle
of wills. :-)  Actually, I played Roger Edwards in a 6:2.  I had a great
game 2 and won it with a nice bank on the 8.  In game 6, Roger scratched
on the 8 giving Roger the match, 2-4.

Brian T. played George in a 6:3 and won easily 3-1.

Finally, Brian R. played Ron Shepherd in the traditional 10:1.  Brian
played very well and came close to winning in 3 of the games.  But, we
are talking Ron S. here and Brian lost 0-10.

We took only 2 of 5.  The Bushwackers won 4 of 5 and Bass Ackwards won 3
of 5.  That puts us in 4th place.

Next week we play Mr MR (Rich, Henry and Jim Adduci).

Roger S.