[POOL] Tuesday's results?

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Thu Jan 11 09:20:30 CST 2007

I think we played Retarded Monkeys.

Amy was up first against Paul.  It was a 7:2 and Amy lost 7-0.  She had
some good runs, but it wasn't enough.

I played Richard in a 3:2 matchup.  This was a great very even match.  I
lost the first game by scratching on a pretty difficult 8-ball shot.  I
won the second game when he scratched (two rails and opposite corner,
very bizarre) on a fairly difficult 8-ball shot.  Richard won the 3rd
game in a very close battle.  The fourth game, I rocked, ran 4 in a row
and then wrestled with the remaining 3.  He scratched, giving me ball in
hand on the 8.  I won 2-2.

Ti won his match handily.  He just rocked.  I remember talking to people
and playing at the practice table.  I turn around and there's Ti.  I'm
like "What's up?", He says, "I won".  I'm just going "Huh? you just
started a few minutes ago."  But I can't remember who he played, (2:2
ratio?).

Jon played a 2:2 and lost a tough match 0-2.

The toughest match of the night was Brian against Ray.  It was a 4:4 and
Brian fought back from a 3-2 deficit.  In the final game, Brian had 3
shots on the 8 (well the first was next to impossible), but he couldn't
close the deal.  He lost 4-3.  It was a heartbreaker of a match.

As a team, we went home winning 2 of 5.

On a good note, we finished the fall session in 5th place.

I finished ranked 5th and Craig was ranked 9th.

Roger S.