[POOL] My first track event (and list questions)

Roger Sersted rs1 at aps.anl.gov
Mon May 8 14:55:57 CDT 2006

First off,

I know it's bad netiquette to clutter a list with off-topic stuff.  If
people who are interested in hearing about my Vette, Mazda and track
adventures could send me an email, I"ll keep you updated off-list.

Bill B.,

I can't seem to send you Email directly.  Your "reply-to" has
"wboettinger at ne.anl.gov", but that never seems to work.  Should I be
replying to an "@anl.gov" address?  The same problem exists with your
friend Scott.

Now then,

As some of you already knew, I had my first open track event this past
Saturday.  They broke us up into 5 groups, group 1 fastest, group 5
slowest (and newbies).  I was in group 5, no surprise there.  This isn't
racing.  Each group would get a 15 minute session.  The cars would be
let out on the track about every 15 seconds.  In order to pass, the
driver in front must indicate whether you should pass on the left or
right.  No passing in turns, straights and gentle sweepers only.

The bottom line: I had a great time.  I totally roasted my brakes flying
towards a hairpin (from ~90 to about ~35) on the front straight.  Here
are some pics my nephew took: http://www.rs-1.com/Track_day

Roger S.