Captain's meeting recap

Brian R. Toonen toonen at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 3 11:20:14 CDT 2004

Good idea.  The only problem is that we are presently short on players.  We
only have 8 players signed up, so we have slots for 3 more people under the
current rules.  As things stand, even if they expanded the roster, I'm not
sure it would help.

I will send mail out to MCS and hip, but you all should try to drum up
interest among your coworkers, friends, and family.  They don't have to work
at Argonne to participate.  They just have to know someone from Argonne.  At
least that is what I remember Ron Shepard telling me last Fall.  If we can
get more than 3 additional people interested, then requesting a roster
expansion might be the way to go.

Just for the record, the people who have signed up so far are:

Bill Allcock
Satish Balay
Steve Benson
Amy Gadbois
Ti Leggett
Mike Link
Craig Stacey
Brian Toonen

I like this idea.  I think this would give our team the best chance of
having five players and still be reasonably fair.

Thoughts?

I would like to get something back to Chuck by Tuesday so that the he and
the captains have a week to discuss it, so please let me know what you think
about Craig's idea sooner rather than later.  And, don't forget to work
over, I mean talk to, your friends and family :-).

--brian