[hpc-announce] [Extended Deadline] WHPC posters at ISC 2024: Call for Women in HPC Posters at the ISC High Performance Conference

Afzal, Ayesha ayesha.afzal at fau.de
Mon Jan 15 09:14:22 CST 2024

[Extended Deadline] WHPC at ISC 2024: Call for Women in HPC Posters at the ISC High Performance Conference

Poster submission deadline [extended]  ---------------- Monday, January 22, 2024, AoE
Notification of Acceptance  ------------------------- Thursday, February 15, 2024, AoE
Final Poster deadline  -------------------------------- Monday, April 22, 2024, AoE
Date ------------------------------------------------------- Monday, May 13 - Wednesday, May 15, 2024
Location -------------------------------------------------- Hamburg, Germany

Submission information:  https://www.isc-hpc.com/submissions-whpc-posters-2024.html
Submission link: https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc

# OVERVIEW

WHPC is officially collaborating with ISC24 with our poster session now being a part of the official ISC posters track! The WHPCposter session at ISC is dedicated to women and individuals from underrepresented groups who are students or are in the early stages  of their HPC careers, typically within the first 5 years post-graduation or via a career transition into the field of supercomputing.
We are inviting submissions to present on their work in HPC as a poster to our attendees. For those who are chosen to present, there will be the opportunity to meet with leaders and employers from across the HPC community at this workshop, giving you an opportunity  to discuss your work with them.

# ABOUT THE SUBMISSIONS

Poster topics can encompass a wide range of themes, from technical to non-technical subjects. Examples include early research and projects, reproducibility, career experiences, diversity and inclusion in HPC, and more. Notably, several participants who debuted  their posters in our session have gone on to present in the prestigious ISC Project and Research Poster categories.
The submissions require abstract (maximum 500 words), a representative draft of your final poster and the CV (PDF or DOC). Submitted poster proposals will be thoughtfully reviewed by the ISC 2024 WHPC Volunteer Committee.

# BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING

Successful submissions to this session offer unique advantages:
1) Mentorship Support: You will receive guidance and support in polishing your poster and presentation.
2) WHPC Travel Fellowships: Two travel grants (£3,000 each) are available for successful authors.
3) Lightning Talk Opportunity: Showcase your work on stage during the Poster Pitch Session, gaining valuable exposure.

Good luck, and we hope to see you presenting in Hamburg in May!

WHPC Poster Chair, Eleanor Broadway, EPCC, University of Edinburgh, UK
WHPC Poster Co-Chair, Ayesha Afzal, Erlangen National High Performance Computing Center (NHR at FAU), Germany