[hpc-announce] ARCS 2024 Call for Participation

bauer_l at mail.informatik.kit.edu bauer_l at mail.informatik.kit.edu
Tue Apr 23 17:09:08 CDT 2024

    C A L L   F O R   P A R T I C I P A T I O N   --   A R C S   2 0 2 4
37th GI/ITG International Conference on Architecture of Computing Systems
                     May 14-16, 2024, Potsdam, Germany
                        https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://arcs-conference.org__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!fzMJqJVil81j1l8IkCLsPU_6PbcVWK5Cdgbx4GFJD_xN6lQOjhvVlpIPGBBkZRKncetg6TfsR9aqueApmLl1MG1h34KMtHVyCOLV$

The ARCS conferences series has over 36 years of tradition reporting
leading edge research in computer architecture and operating systems.

High performance computing represents an important tool for tackling
climate change. In many other HPC application fields, the need for
more high computing power has increased enormously in recent years,
especially due to the high demand of AI-specific workloads. The
operation of correspondingly powerful computing systems therefore
represents an increasing problem in terms of energy requirements and
the associated CO2 emissions. HPC is therefore not only part of the
solution to tackling climate change, but also part of the overall
problem.

Heterogeneous computer architectures promise a significant increase
in the energy efficiency of HPC systems. The selection of different
accelerator architectures can contribute significantly to increasing
efficiency, but there is currently a lack of appropriate concepts
for their seamless and scalable integration, as well as the support
through appropriate programming models.

The focus of the ARCS’24 conference will be on novel accelerator
architectures, which are suited for the integration into HPC systems.
This includes fine and coarse grain reconfigurable architectures as
well as new ideas for their integration to achieve higher energy
efficiency as typical homogeneous architectures. In addition, the
topics cover HPC-specific research at the level of computer architec-
tures, runtime and operating systems, design tools and HPC programming
models and algorithms.

In addition to the main conference, ARCS will host special tracks on
Organic Computing and Dependability and Fault Tolerance.

The registration is open! See you in Potsdam!
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://arcs-conference.org/registration__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!fzMJqJVil81j1l8IkCLsPU_6PbcVWK5Cdgbx4GFJD_xN6lQOjhvVlpIPGBBkZRKncetg6TfsR9aqueApmLl1MG1h34KMtOEs8RTO$
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://arcs-conference.org/local-arrangements__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!fzMJqJVil81j1l8IkCLsPU_6PbcVWK5Cdgbx4GFJD_xN6lQOjhvVlpIPGBBkZRKncetg6TfsR9aqueApmLl1MG1h34KMtCi-yKfK$

*Program Overview*

https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://arcs-conference.org/program__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!fzMJqJVil81j1l8IkCLsPU_6PbcVWK5Cdgbx4GFJD_xN6lQOjhvVlpIPGBBkZRKncetg6TfsR9aqueApmLl1MG1h34KMtJFGXv-_$

Tuesday, May 14th
11:30 - 13:00  Session 1: Registration
13:00 - 13:15  Session 2: Welcome
13:15 - 14:15  Session 3: Keynote by Lutz Stobbe: "Strategies towards
                Green HPC – Environmental Analysis and Applied Ecodesign"
14:15 - 14:45  Coffee Break
14:45 - 16:00  Session 4: Progress in Neural Networks
16:00 - 16:30  Coffee Break
16:30 - 17:45  Session 5: OC Session I

Wednesday, May 15th
09:00 - 10:00  Session 6: Keynote II
10:00 - 10:30  Coffee Break
10:30 - 11:45  Session 7: Computer Architecture Co-Design I
11:45 - 13:00  Lunch Break
13:00 - 14:15  Session 8: Progress in HPC
14:15 - 14:45  Coffee Break
14:45 - 15:35  Session 9: Computer Architectures
16:00 - 17:40  Session 10: OC Session II
18:00 - 20:00  Social Event: Sightseeing in Potsdam and Dinner

Thursday, May 16th
09:00 - 10:15  Session 11: Computer Architecture Co-Design II
10:15 - 10:45  Coffee Break
10:45 - 11:45  Session 12: Workshop on Dependability and Fault Tolerance
11:45 - 12:00  Session 13: Closing and Awards

*Social Event*

On Wednesday evening we will have a guided city bus tour, seeing the
places of interest in downtown Potsdam. Afterwards, we will have dinner
at the "Augustiner im Bürgerbahnhof" nearby Park Sanssouci.
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://arcs-conference.org/social-event__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!fzMJqJVil81j1l8IkCLsPU_6PbcVWK5Cdgbx4GFJD_xN6lQOjhvVlpIPGBBkZRKncetg6TfsR9aqueApmLl1MG1h34KMtA_-Ssmq$

*Registration and Venue*

Registration includes participation in all presentations of the Program,
joining the Social Events, and access to the proceedings. Special
registration fees for GI/ITG members and students are available:
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://arcs-conference.org/registration__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!fzMJqJVil81j1l8IkCLsPU_6PbcVWK5Cdgbx4GFJD_xN6lQOjhvVlpIPGBBkZRKncetg6TfsR9aqueApmLl1MG1h34KMtOEs8RTO$

Information about traveling, the conference location, different
accommodation option, and further information are available:
https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://arcs-conference.org/local-arrangements__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!fzMJqJVil81j1l8IkCLsPU_6PbcVWK5Cdgbx4GFJD_xN6lQOjhvVlpIPGBBkZRKncetg6TfsR9aqueApmLl1MG1h34KMtCi-yKfK$

*Organizers*

General Chairs
Dietmar Fey, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
Benno Stabernack, Universität Potsdam / Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institut

Program Chairs
Stefan Lankes, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Mathias Pacher, Goethe-University Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Proceedings Chair
Thilo Pionteck, Magdeburg University, Germany

Publicity and Web Chair
Lars Bauer