[hpc-announce] Invitation to submit to or review for IEEE Special Issue: Converged Computing

Sochat, Vanessa sochat1 at llnl.gov
Fri Jun 16 13:27:54 CDT 2023

Hi HPC Announce List!

We are inviting the community to be authors or reviewers for a Special Issue in IEEE https://www.computer.org/csdl/magazine/cs (CiSE) on the topic of Converged Computing: A Best-of-Both Worlds of HPC and Cloud! We are excited about this growing space of technologies between cloud and HPC, and want this special issue to kick start thinking and collaborations in the space.

https://www.computer.org/digital-library/magazines/cs/cfp-converged-computing

This won't be a standard submission. To make the process fun, we will be creating a virtual series of Magic the Gathering cards showcasing each accepted paper, which will be published alongside the final issue.

If you would like to be an author, we invite you to submit a full-length article. The article (1) length should be up to 6,250 words, including all main body, abstract, bibliography, and author bio (figures and tables are counted as 250 words each), with 12 references or less; (2) use the IEEEtrans LaTeX class file (download from https://template-selector.ieee.org/secure/templateSelector/publicationType: choose “magazine”); (3) submit via https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cise-cs by the deadline.

Articles will be peer reviewed by at least three independent reviewers, and you will get reviews and decisions promptly. To give you time to prepare, we have an extended deadline and manuscript submissions are due by December 24, 2023. The special issue will be published in 2024.

Please let us know if you have any questions. If you are interested in being an author or reviewer, please let me know so we can expect your participation! We look forward to hearing your response, and hope that you will be able to participate in this special issue.

On behalf of my co-guest-editors,

Vanessa