[hpc-announce] EPSOUQ-HPC 2023 workshop announcement through your list

Georgiadou, Antigoni georgiadoua at ornl.gov
Mon Jul 17 13:57:22 CDT 2023

Hello,

I wanted to see if you can help me send an announcement for a workshop I’m organizing to your list members.

The announcement could mention the following but let me know if you need more information.

First Workshop on Enabling Predictive Science with Optimization and Uncertainty Quantification in HPC (EPSOUQ-HPC 2023) at SC23: Call for papers

The First Workshop on Enabling Predictive Science with Optimization and Uncertainty Quantification in HPC (EPSOUQ-HPC 2023) has released a call for papers. The workshop is seeking papers from a broad research audience that showcase outcomes and research that employs HPC and/or supercomputers to perform better science. Submissions are due by August 4, 2023.

EPSOUQ-HPC 2023 will take place at SC23, the International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis in November and is intended to provide a platform for work on optimization and uncertainty quantification on high-performance computing (HPC) systems. Submitted papers should cover a range of space and time scales using various methods and techniques.

Topics of interest include optimization and uncertainty quantification in various domains including fusion modeling, quantum computing, weather and climate, fluid dynamics, materials, drug discovery, COVID-19 research. The workshop will address ubiquitous challenges in the use of UQ and optimization techniques for predictive science when employing HPC, with an emphasis on success stories and lessons learned.

All accepted papers will be included as part of the SC23 workshop proceedings, and a percentage of accepted publications will be invited to give a 25 minute presentation during the workshop.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you!

Many thanks and all the best,
Antigoni

-- Antigoni Georgiadou, Ph.D.
Computational Scientist- Algorithms & Performance Analysis Group, Science Engagement Section

National Center for Computational Sciences
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Email: georgiadoua at ornl.gov