[hpc-announce] WHPC at ISC 2024: Call for Posters at the International Women in HPC Workshop, held in conjunction with ISC High Performance Conference

Afzal, Ayesha ayesha.afzal at fau.de
Fri Dec 8 06:24:42 CST 2023

WHPC at ISC 2024: Call for Posters at the International Women in HPC Workshop: Diversifying the HPC Community and Engaging Allies, held in conjunction with ISC High Performance Conference

Date ------------------------------------------------------- Monday, May 13 - Wednesday, May 15, 2024
Location -------------------------------------------------- Hamburg, Germany
Poster submission deadline  ------------------------ Friday, January 12, 2024, AoE
Notification of Acceptance  ------------------------- Thursday, February 15, 2024, AoE
Final Poster deadline  -------------------------------- Monday, April 22, 2024, AoE

Submission information: https://womeninhpc.org/events/sc-2022/sc-2022-workshop
Submission link: https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/isc_hpc

# OVERVIEW
WHPC is officially collaborating with ISC24 with our poster session now being a part of the official ISC posters track! The WHPC poster session at ISC is dedicated to women and individuals from underrepresented groups who are students or are in the early stages of their HPC careers, typically within the first 5 years post-graduation or via a career transition into the field of supercomputing.
We are inviting submissions to present on their work in HPC as a poster to our attendees. For those who are chosen to present, there will be the opportunity to meet with leaders and employers from across the HPC community at this workshop, giving you an opportunity to discuss your work with them.

# ABOUT THE SUBMISSIONS
Poster topics can encompass a wide range of themes, from technical to non-technical subjects. Examples include early research and projects, reproducibility, career experiences, diversity and inclusion in HPC, and more. Notably, several participants who debuted their posters in our session have gone on to present in the prestigious ISC Project and Research Poster categories.

The submissions require abstract (maximum 500 words) and a representative draft of your final poster. Submitted poster proposals will be thoughtfully reviewed by the ISC 2024 WHPC Volunteer Committee.

Please note: The mentioned opportunities will be communicated directly to successful applicants. If your submission is successful, you will be contacted by the ISC 2024 WHPC Volunteer Committee with comprehensive information and further details.

# BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
Successful submissions to this session offer unique advantages:
1) Mentorship Support: You will receive guidance and support in polishing your poster and presentation.
2) WHPC Travel Fellowships: Two travel grants are available for successful authors who would not be able to attend the conference otherwise.
3) Lightning Talk Opportunity: Showcase your work on stage during the Poster Pitch Session, gaining valuable exposure.

Good luck, and we hope to see you presenting in Hamburg in May!

WHPC Poster Chair, Eleanor Broadway, EPCC, University of Edinburgh, UK
WHPC Poster Co-Chair, Ayesha Afzal, Erlangen National High Performance Computing Center (NHR at FAU), Germany