[hpc-announce] [CFP] ST on Networking and Applications for Mobile Objects in Land, Water, and Sky - GoodIT 2023

cpalazzi at math.unipd.it cpalazzi at math.unipd.it
Sat Apr 8 11:39:18 CDT 2023

[Our apologizes for multiple copies of this CFP]

Special Track on Networking and Applications for Mobile Objects in
Land, Water, and Sky
as part of the ACM International Conference on Information Technology
for Social Good (GoodIT 2023)

Lisbon, Portugal, September 6th-8th, 2023

Special Track web page
https://www.math.unipd.it/~cpalazzi/NAMO2023/

GoodIT 2023 web page
http://goodit.campusfc.unibo.it

SCOPE
Autonomous and human-controlled mobile objects are increasingly
present in water, land and sky scenarios, becoming an essential tool
for fully automated or human-assisted missions, services, and
applications. Smartphones and IoT devices are widespread in our
cities, creating a hyper-connected society. Groups of autonomous
vehicles, even flying ones, can perform actions and provide services
and applications in several application fields, such as environment,
agriculture, disaster management and recovery, smart cities, smart
transportation and entertainment. Intelligent vehicles provide new
smart environments (cities, harbours, factories, offices, homes, etc.)
with the additional features given by their actuation capabilities,
which aim at improving, at the same time, the performance of a
specific mission as well as the performance of the underlying
communication network. The three different contexts: land, water and
sky, as well as the integrated contexts, have already gained momentum
showing the opportunities to provide benefits to our whole society.
However, to fully exploit this potential, we first have to address
numerous research issues, to design and develop reliable, green,
affordable and efficient networking and applications. This track
focuses on the open research challenges and their practical solutions,
as well as on the standardization activities and the applications and
products already existing.

TOPICS
Autonomous vehicles and automated driving
Autonomous/intelligent robots
Pervasive and mobile sensing
Cooperative mobile objects and object-infrastructure systems
Vehicle-to-infrastructure and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2I/V2V) communication
5G technologies
5G Softwarized solutions
5G OpenRAN architectures
Simulation and performance evaluation techniques
System architecture and design
Underwater networks and sensors
Flying Ad Hoc Networks (FANETs)
Drone applications
Intelligent transportation systems
Green networking and applications
Internet of Things (IoT) infrastructure
Intelligent objects software and computing infrastructure
Cloud and edge computing for smart systems
Applications for intelligent mobile objects
Artificial Intelligence applied to connected and automated mobile objects
Security and privacy issues and protection mechanisms
Cyber-physical system modelling
Early experience and field trials of connected and automated mobile objects
Precision Agriculture

IMPORTANT DATES
- Submission deadline: May 15th, 2023
- Notification of acceptance: July 7th, 2023
- Camera Ready: July 18th, 2023

CHAIRS
- Johann Marquez-Barja, University of Antwerp & imec, Belgium
- Claudio E. Palazzi, Università degli Studi di Padova, Italy

TPC CHAIRS
- Mirko Franco, University of Padua, Italy
- Salah Eddine Merzougui, University of Padua, Italy

Italy