[hpc-announce] CFP: Asynchronous Many-Task systems for Exascale workshop held conjunct with Euro-Par 2021

Patrick Diehl pdiehl at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Mar 11 10:09:05 CST 2021

The Asynchronous Many-Task systems for Exascale workshop (AMTE2021), to
be held as a full-day meeting at the EuroPar 2021 conference in Lisbon,
Portugal, focuses on task-based systems, tools and applications. This
event serves as a forum for research in the area of task-based
programming on modern and future  HPC systems. It will gather
developers, users, and proponents of these models and systems to share
experience, discuss how they meet the challenges posed by Exascale
system architectures, and explore opportunities for increased
performance, robustness, and full-system utilization.

In our call for papers, we invite papers within the following focus areas:

- Novel task-based runtime environments
- Experiences of using task-based runtime environments for large
applications
- Experiences comparing task-based runtime environments
- Experiences gathered from porting one large-scale parallel solution to
another, e.g., MPI to Charm++, etc.
- Profiling and performance monitoring of task-based environments
- Benchmarks for task-based runtimes
- Tools for debugging programs using task-based runtimes
- Challenges to task-based runtimes in scaling to large clusters
- Hardware challenges and solutions in using task-based environments

Submissions:

Submission deadline: 28 May 2021, 23:59 Anywhere on Earth (AoE)
Acceptance Notification: 16 July 2021
Revisions of accepted papers due: 11 September 2021

Submissions must be in Springer LNCS format and no longer than ten
pages, including text, the references section, appendices, and figures.
We will use EasyChair to manage the papers, please check the
conference’s webpage frequently for the link.

Workshop Co-chairs (Organizers)

- Irina Demeshko, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
- Patrick Diehl, Center for Computation & Technology at Louisiana State
University, USA
- Zahra Khatami, NVIDIA, USA
- Steven R. Brandt, Center for Computation & Technology at Louisiana
State University, USA
- Parsa Amini, Center for Computation & Technology at Louisiana State
University, USA

Program Committee

- Metin H. Aktulga, Michigan State University, USA
- Bryce Adelstein Lelbach, NVIDIA, USA
- John Biddiscombe, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre, Switzerland
- Gregor Daiss, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Vassilios Dimakopoulos, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Patricia Grubel, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
- Adrian Lemoine, AMD, USA
- Roman Lakymchuk, Fraunhofer ITWM, Germany
- Thomas Heller, Exasol, Germany
- Kevin Huck, University of Oregon, USA
- Laxmikant (Sanjay) V. Kale, University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Hartmut Kaiser, Center for Computation & Technology at Louisiana State
University, USA
- Erwin Laure, Max Planck Computing & Data Facility, Germany
- Andrew Lumbsdaine, Northwest Institute for Advanced Computing, USA
- Pat McCormick, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
- Dirk Pleiter, Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Germany
- Galen Shipman, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
- Mikael Simberg, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre, Switzerland
- Sean Treichler, NVIDIA, USA
- Didem Unat, Koç University, Turkey
- Format of the workshop

This workshop will last for a full day. We plan to include all its
peer-reviewed papers in the proceedings. We will include a  keynote
talk, presentations of full papers, invited talk and a panel.

Please see the webpage of the event for further information:
https://amte2021.stellar-group.org

Sincerely,

Irina Demeshko, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Patrick Diehl, Louisiana State University
Steven R. Brandt, Louisiana State University
Zahra Khatami, NVIDIA
Parsa Amini, Louisiana State University