[AG-TECH] IDS Falcon

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 9 19:33:01 CDT 2009

On 10/03/2009, at 4:23 AM, Todd Zimmerman wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 14:36 +0100, Marcolino PIRES wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you for your post.
>>
>> But we still have problems with our IDS quattro card.
>> May be could you help us a little more...
>>
>> As you we finally choose bttv module.
>>
>> I try several tests with vlc but only get a bleu screen...
>> We are under ubuntu 8.10 here follows the modules of our used
>> modules :
>>

>> root at aristotest4:~# lsmod |grep btt
>> bttv                  171028  1 bt878
>> videodev               41344  1 bttv
>> i2c_algo_bit           14340  1 bttv
>> v4l2_common            19840  1 bttv
>> videobuf_dma_sg        20612  1 bttv
>> videobuf_core          26628  2 bttv,videobuf_dma_sg
>> btcx_risc              12552  1 bttv
>> tveeprom               20228  1 bttv
>> ir_common              48900  1 bttv
>> compat_ioctl32          9344  1 bttv
>> i2c_core               31892  5
>> bttv,i2c_algo_bit,v4l2_common,tveeprom,nvidia
>>
>> I also use v4l2-ctl expecting some parameter will solve the problem
>> but
>> it was unsuccessful !
>>
>> Best regards...
>
> Hi Marcolino,
>
> I'm forwarding your email to the Global ag-tech mailing list.
>
> Perhaps someone on that list would be able to help.

Marcolino,

With a supported video card on Ubuntu 8.10, I can run:
	vlc v4l2://dev/video0

If that doesn't work for you, check that your card is recognised -
have a look at the output of the following commands in a shell:

     lspci -v
and
     ls -l /dev/video*

I would also check that you have valid video going into the card - can
you confirm this by running any other video capture applications e.g.
vic from the AG toolkit (where you'll also have better control over
capture parameters)?

BTW, I found that changing any settings in the capture menu of vlc's
user interface resulted in the video disappearing - vic is much better
for this type of testing.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland