[AG-DEV] Current issues with the AG software

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Mon Sep 4 00:24:33 CDT 2006

G'day all

Again I'm not sure if this it the right mailing list to send these
comments too, but given these are issues for developers to investigate
and hopefully resolve, I thought I would send it to this list.

Today I held the Asia-Pacific "Monthly Meeting" in which we discussed
current issues with the AG software.  I thought I would document them
here:

*	Unicast Bridging seems error prone

o	Some people using AG 3.0.2 under windows are complaining about
not seeing any bridges listed.

o	As mentioned previously, some people running bridges are causing
the loading of the VenueClient to "hang" for a long time.

o	Without proper testing (I cannot confirm this just yet), but
people running a unicast bridge behind a firewall are causing some
problems.  I know personally running a bridge behind a firewall is
important.  Example of this is that we only have one subnet/vlan that
allows multicast cast...  Sometimes it is useful for staff to connect to
a unicast bridge, behind our firewall, which allows them to connect to
AG sessions.

*	I'm getting a lot of questions from people about removing the
gray boarder around certain video streams (The old NTSC / PAL Issue).

o	One colleague has said that he is able to get rid of it using AG
2.4, but is unable to do so using 3.0.2 (This is under windows).

	Therefore, from asking a number of my colleagues, it appears the
main issues are networking (multicast / unicast) and the gray boarder.

	If there are currently any developments within this area, I
would like to hear about them, so I can provide feedback to my
colleagues.

	Thanks very much for your time,
	Jason.

Jason Bell, B.I.T.
B. Info. Tech. (Honours) Student

Network Engineer
Information Technology Division
Central Queensland University

High Performance Computing Support Officer
Central Queensland University

E-mail : j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Phone : 07 4930 9229

Patience is a virtue.