[Swift-user] Trunk: submits one pbs job despite larger maxJobs value

Yadu Nand yadudoc1729 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 11:27:18 CST 2015

Hi Ketan,

The config has set initialParallelTasks and maxParallelTasks set to 10,
with 24 tasksPerNode. This basically means
that your tasks are throttled at 10 and a single scheduler-job can do all
of the 10 tasks.

Since you have maxJobs set to 20, you probably should set
initialParallelTasks and maxParallelTasks to 20 x 24,
for 24 tasksPerNode to get 20 jobs/nodes started.

Here's the config with my modifications
https://gist.github.com/yadudoc/8694361f512678357178

Yadu

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Ketan Maheshwari <ketan at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get 20 pbs jobs submitted with Swift trunk. I set maxJobs
> to 20 for this purpose.
>
> However, at runtime, I see that only one job gets submitted.
>
> Attached is the run directory.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Ketan

Yadu Nand B