[Swift-user] Installing swift on aws

Jonathan S Burge jburge16 at my.whitworth.edu
Mon Aug 10 15:06:18 CDT 2015

Currently I am trying to install swift-t on an instance of Amazon's Web Services. I am trying to install swift manually. The c-utils and adlb packages have compiled successfully, however, I am now having issues with turbine. Running ./configure and make seem to be functioning, but when make install is attempted, no directory is created and the user is prompted for another command without and verbose output.

This is my command line for ./configure

./configure --prefix=/home/ubuntu/sfw/swift-t/turbine --with-adlb=$HOME/sfw/swift-t/lb --with-hdf5=no --enable-python=yes

Running make check_includes shows that several things are not present, including mpi and python.

However, I have already installed these and they make be either called or accessed through various commands.

ex) python (opens python)

     mpichversion (returns version 3.0.4)

If someone has advice or solutions to this problem, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jonathan