[Swift-user] swift-conf error | Issue with specification on local/cloud-static

Vivek Pabani vpabani at hawk.iit.edu
Mon Oct 20 22:20:16 CDT 2014

Hello,

For a word count program, I need to run one bash script locally - on
headnode, and one python script on the all the worker nodes. Could you
please tell me how do I specify which part of swift program should be run
on headnode, and which part on workers node?

As of now, I have made following changes in the swift.conf file :

sites: [local,cloud-static]               //This seems to have problem,
because I get error that python_remote cannot be found on Host : local.

site.local {
    filesystem {
    <same lines as p5.swift program's swift.config>
        app.bash_local {
                executable: "/bin/bash"
         }
}

site.cloud-static {
    execution {
        <same lines as p5.swift program's swift.config>
         app.python_remote {
              executable: "/usr/bin/python"
       }
}

My swift program uses only two executable : bash_local, and python_remote.
When I run this, I get error :
Caused by: Cannot find executable python_remote on site system path.

Please let me know what should be the correct config changes.
Thanks,

Vivek