[Swift-user] Resuming jobs when script has changed

Bronevetsky, Greg bronevetsky1 at llnl.gov
Fri May 16 12:35:54 CDT 2014

I have Swift scripts that scan some portion of a design space and after I have scanned a sub-space of all the possibilities I modify the script to target a different, overlapping portion of the design space. However, it seems that when I do this Swift ignores the fact that I've already computed many of the tasks in the new run when I performed the prior run, and re-executes them redundantly. Is there a way for me to avoid such redundant executions? Can the -resume flag be used in this case?

Greg Bronevetsky
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
(925) 424-5756
bronevetsky at llnl.gov<mailto:bronevetsky at llnl.gov>