[Swift-user] Swift crash

William Catino wcatino at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:53:52 CDT 2014

I have a script that crashed 3 times, then succeeded, with no change.
When it crashed, the .err file in the data directory contained a message
about not finding a file whose name included

           /usr/lib64/libpython2.6.so.1.0

The attached log file that corresponds to a crash is:
               df-20140506-1724-d6au5ct7.log
The attached log file that corresponds to a subsequent success is:
               df-20140506-1727-39v1is9b.log

I might have specific files confused, but these files (and others from
prior crashes) are located in my home directory on OSG, at /home/wcatino/df.
This configuration is identical to that used when working with Mike today,
except that the data directory was reduced to 5 files.

I also noticed that my PATH is pointing swift to version 0.94 rather than
0.95.
Perhaps I should change my PATH to fix this.
The instructions I followed had me append the 0.95 path to PATH, which
contains a 0.94 path earlier in the PATH string.

Thanks.
--

William Catino, Ph.D.

Principal Software Engineer

Knowledge Lab | Computation Institute | University of Chicago

wcatino at gmail.com

773.603.9481