[Swift-user] output file array

Ketan Maheshwari ketan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 17 14:26:40 CST 2014

Hi,

I am dealing with a workflow pattern where an app expects multiple output
files with a pattern.

The app signature is:

app (file[] _wrfout, file _out, file _err) wrf_app (file _wrf_in, file[]
_tbl, file[] _ozone, ...)
{
   wrf stdout=@_out stderr=@_err;
}

The _wrfout files are the app result files which follows a pattern: wrfout_*

So, I am invoking the application in a foreach loop as:

foreach i in [0:2]{
  file[] wrfout<simple_mapper; location=strcat("outdir",i),
pattern="wrfout_*">;
  file wrfstdout<single_file_mapper; file=strcat("outdir", i, "/std.out")>;
  file wrfstderr<single_file_mapper; file=strcat("outdir", i, "/std.err")>;

   (wrfout, wrfstdout, wrfstderr) = wrf_app (wrfin, tbl, ozone, tr, data,
gribmap, namelist, co2_trans, input_sounding);
}

The script hangs at runtime with the following messages:

No events in 1s.
Finding dependency loops...

Waiting threads:
swift:stageOut, wf.edison, line 134