[Swift-user] Swift Coaster Service & Docker Containers

Matthew Shaxted Matthew.Shaxted at som.com
Sat Aug 30 08:39:38 CDT 2014

Thanks Mike and Yadu,

Yes it would be great if there is a published config for this use case, and I am willing to help in whatever capacity I can.

The docker containers can reach out to external IP addresses, so as you both mention the best way may be to run the worker.pl in each container and have it connect back to the coaster service. I start the coaster service on a known ip/port host using the command you specify.

I think I conceptually understand how this could work and will try to test something.

I have an ubuntu docker container configured to start ssh services at the command below. It sounds like, however, if I can run the worker.pl on each container and connect to the coaster service, ssh is not even required.

docker run -i -p 22 -t mattshax/precise_ep_node sh -c '/usr/sbin/sshd -D'