[Swift-user] Swift Coaster Service & Docker Containers

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Fri Aug 29 20:34:04 CDT 2014

Matthew,

I would treat this case similar to the configuration you'd use for a set
of virtual machines.

Start one coaster service for each pool of identical docker containers
that you want to run.

For each pool of containers, run a Swift worker (worker.pl) in the
container and have it connect back to the coaster service you designate
to manage that pool.

I'm assuming that from a docker contained you can connect out to any
reachable IP address.

Another approach is to treat the containers like a set of ad-hoc compute
nodes, and ssh into them with automatic coasters using the ssh:local
jobmanager setting.

We'll try to test and publish a config for such cases. We'd welcome your
help with that.

- Mike