[Swift-user] Dynamic For Loops from Input File

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 20 17:40:59 CDT 2014

Hi Matthew,

I'm thinking something like this:

type var {
  string name;
  float[] values;
}

(float[] r) extend(float[] a, float v, int lastIndex) {
  foreach ov, i in a {
    r[i] = a[i];
  }
  r[lastIndex] = v;
}

doSomething(float[] a) {
  trace(a);
}

dynamicFor(var[] vars, float[] values, int index, int len) {
  if (index < len) {
    tracef("Iterating over %s\n", vars[index].name);
    foreach v in vars[index].values {
      dynamicFor(vars, extend(values, v, index), index + 1, len);
    }
  }
  else {
    doSomething(values);