[Swift-user] What system calls do the mappers use?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 20 16:04:53 CDT 2013

Lorenzo,

All Swift arrays are varying in size: you dont declare the array size in the declaration. Further, they can be sparse (because the implementation is in fact a hashtable).

Swift has code that supports user-level hashes by by declaring arrays with string instead of integer keys. I thought this made it to the User Guide but I see now that it did not. Its possible/likely thats because the code is not in trunk yet.

Can anyone on the devel team reply with the status of associative arrays?