[Swift-user] How can one force ordering into swift operations

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 24 10:42:55 CST 2013

A few brief additional tips to help you make progress with this:

- your split app can create and return a single file containing a list of file names

- use readData to read that list into an array; then use one of the array mappers to map the list of files.

Separately: the "flag" Dan suggests can also be done using a variable of type "external" which allows you to do explicit synchronization. Its only honored as a return or an input of an app() function.

- Mike