[Swift-user] Question about programs, wrappers and exceptions

Lorenzo Pesce lpesce at uchicago.edu
Mon Jan 21 11:25:34 CST 2013

Hi --

Mike help me a bit figuring things out with wrappers and exceptions. I haven't implemented those yet, but I will get to it.

My current issue has to deal with returning return values from programs, contained into wrappers and to a degree how to transparently manage exceptions and return values within swift.

I am happy to look into the guide if you can tell me where to look for it.

I would also to understand in more details about the mechanics of coasters. It is not entirely clear to me how sometimes they seem to relinquish control of nodes even when not all the calculations are completed. It seems like a new batch of jobs is submitted as a new calculation even when it is not strictly necessary (or doesn't seem to be).

I am going to try to include all of this in the swift on Beagle presentation.

Lorenzo