[Swift-user] Custom/External Mappers

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 14 13:43:42 CDT 2012

OK, I'm revising my diagnosis here. It looks like a change was introduced into trunk  which is adding an extra argument to the ext mapper invocation giving the line number in the .swift script from which it was called.  This looks to me like some developer debugging that got committed by mistake.  We will post to this list when its removed.  You can see the problem by inserting a debug echo into your mapper:

in /autonfs/home/wilde/swift/lab/rwmapper.2012.0914/clusMapper_name.sh -name name_here -line 16

Your mapper (not surprisingly) rejects the -line 16 argument and fails.

That said, Swift needs to do a better job in handling and reporting failures in external mappers.

- Mike