[Swift-user] Custom/External Mappers

Robin Weiss robinweiss at uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 14 13:26:39 CDT 2012

Interesting.  I wrote the custom mapper script expecting swift to call it
with a whitespace (not equal sign) between the parameter switch and the
value that goes with it (I.e.: ./clusMapper_name.sh -name name_goes_here).
 This is how the example in the swift users guide for 0.93
(http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/guides/release-0.93/userguide/userguide.h
tml#_external_mapper) does it.  The example from the users guide will also
chokes if you put an equal sign instead of whitespace between the param
name switch and the value.

This issue popped up after we updated to the latest trunk version from
0.93.  Did the way swift calls external mappers change (I.e. Equal sign
separated instead of whitespace between param name and value)?

Robin

--
Robin M. Weiss
Research Programmer