[Swift-user] Getting swift to run on Fusion

David Kelly davidk at ci.uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 13 10:39:34 CDT 2012

One thing you can try is running qsub -I. That gives you an interactive session on one of the worker nodes on Fusion. Here is an example command that should work for you:

qsub -I -l nodes=1:ppn=1 -l walltime=24:00:00

That will give you a shell on a Fusion worker node, using one processor on one node for a maximum of 24 hours. You can use that session to run your shell/matlab script. As it is configured now, Swift will not use that same interactive session for processing work - it will request new nodes and submit the work there.

David