[Swift-user] Custom/External Mappers

Robin Weiss robinweiss at uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 10 16:56:45 CDT 2012

Howdy swifters,

I am having some issues getting external mappers to work.  In particular, swift appears to hang when you use a custom mapper that takes in one or more command line arguments.

Attached is a tar ball with a basic example of the issue.  You can uncomment each line in the mapper.swift script to see the behavior.  I have included 4 versions of my external mapper, two work and two do not (see mapper.swift).  Also included are the config, sites (using localhost), and tc files I'm using.

I noticed this issue after moving from version 0.93 to trunk (Swift trunk swift-r5917 cog-r3463) when some scripts I had been using started to hang.

Thanks in advance,
Robin

--
Robin M. Weiss