[Swift-user] working with swift on Amazon EC2

Iman Sadooghi isadoogh at iit.edu
Mon Oct 22 11:28:38 CDT 2012

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to make swift working on multiple instances of Amazon EC2. so I
can run Montage with Swift.
For that I was trying to set up PVFS on the instances. So far I could not
do it.
my problem is setting up the FUSE enabled PVFS so I can run my project on
the PVFS mount point.
I'm using Coaster-service to run all these. I have also tried with the
option of (SHARED_FILESYSTEM=NO) not using shared file system. that didn't
work either.
I think the problem is setting up a PVFS mount point that supports POSIX
operations. Is this possible at all?
any comment would help. Thank you in advnace

--
Iman Sadooghi
Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)