[Swift-user] Deep recursion on subroutine "main::stageout" at /home/ketan/work/worker.pl line 1349

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 23 13:01:43 CDT 2012

Good point. It probably should be there.

I first saw it in Globus somewhere. The rationale for it was that there
are applications that, given a stdin, may hang waiting for user input
(which is useless when the app is running on some remote cluster),
whereas a closed stdin might determine them to go ahead and do whatever
it is that they do without user input.

I'm assuming that Globus folks have actually seen this behavior before
putting the respective piece of code in there.

Mihael