[Swift-user] Deep recursion on subroutine "main::stageout" at /home/ketan/work/worker.pl line 1349

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 22 22:00:20 CDT 2012

Thanks, Mihael - strace solved the mystery. Turns out that when Swift runs an app, it closes stdin unless you specify stdin= in the app command line body.

This confused the MARS app, likely around the logic where it was reading the license file. (It seemed to be checking if stdin was a tty?) So it was failing even before it tried to open the license file.

The remedy was to specify stdin="/dev/null" on the app cmd body.

- Mike