[Swift-user] Deep recursion on subroutine "main::stageout" at /home/ketan/work/worker.pl line 1349

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Mon May 21 13:54:34 CDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to run the GE mars script on a bag of workstations. I tested
the script for a sufficient number of tasks and seems to be working fine on
localhost.

However, it fails in this setup. I get the error message as follows after
seemingly right invocation:

Find:  keepalive(120), reconnect - http://128.84.97.46:41287
Progress:  time: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:43:18 -0400  Stage in:7  Submitted:3
Progress:  time: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:43:19 -0400  Stage in:8  Active:2
Deep recursion on subroutine "main::stageout" at
/home/ketan/work/worker.plline 1349.
Deep recursion on subroutine "main::stageout" at
/home/ketan/work/worker.plline 1349.
Progress:  time: Mon, 21 May 2012 14:43:20 -0400  Active:3  Stage out:7

Obviously the staging out of results fails and seems that the number of
files in the stageout stage is causing the error. The application needs to
stage out about 120 files.

One solution I could quickly think of is to wrap the app in a shell and zip
the outputs making it just one staged out file.

However, the current setup would still be useful since we are trying to
compare the existing Hadoop solution with the Swift one.

Is there any possible workaround, some env setting or so that I could try
and get the stageout going?

The logs are: http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~ketan/mars-20120521-1443-d6q9lr0a.log
and http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~ketan/workerlogs.tgz

Regards,