[Swift-user] Timing Swift runs

Justin M Wozniak wozniak at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 21 11:16:44 CDT 2012

Hello
     The log processing tools are in swift/libexec/log-processing .
README.txt is an overview of the tools.  It contains a section about a
"job run time distribution plot" which might be what you're looking
for.  You can simply extract the data or use the plotter in:

https://svn.ci.uchicago.edu/svn/vdl2/usertools/plotter

     Justin

On 05/21/2012 09:37 AM, Michael Wilde wrote:
> Hi Carsen,
>
> The "info" files that are produced by each application invocation include (I think) the run time stats. These are returned in a ".d" directory for successful app invocations when you specify this option in the swift.properties file (-config option):
>
> wrapperlog.always.transfer=false
>
> In addition you can glean a lot of info about run times from the Swift .log file.
> There are tools to plot information from the log, but Im not sure how up to date these are in the 0.93 and trunk releases. Can anyone with log plotting/analysis expertise provide more info?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Mike

Justin M Wozniak