[Swift-user] Question about packing jobs in Cray XE6 nodes

Lorenzo Pesce lpesce at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 26 13:38:56 CDT 2012

Hi all --
Thanks a lot for the help so far.

Most jobs work fine, but some of them crash. Crashing appears to be caused by either:
    a) Node runs out of memory (but it seems that it affects only one job, not the whole node -- however, when I send out the job alone it works fine)
    b) Lack of convergence (algorithm needs to be changed)

I am testing my hypothesis right now.

Is it possible to split the pool of nodes into two groups, one where I run them more packed and one where the more demanding ones are sent?

Thanks a lot,

Lorenzo